Sunday 5 March 2023

Integrity and honesty

Once upon a time, there was a wise old man who lived in a small village. One day, a young boy came to him and said, "Old man, I have done something very wrong. I have spoken ill of my friend behind his back, and now I feel terrible about it. What should I do?"

The wise old man replied, "Take a feather pillow and go to the top of the hill. Cut open the pillow and let the feathers fly in the wind. After you have done this, come back and see me."

The young boy did as he was told and returned to the wise old man. "Now what should I do?" he asked.

"Go and collect all the feathers," replied the wise old man.

"But that's impossible," said the young boy. "The feathers have flown away in all directions. I can never find them all."

"That is the same as the words you spoke about your friend," said the wise old man. "Once they have left your mouth, they cannot be taken back. Just like the feathers that have flown away in the wind, your words have spread and cannot be undone. So be careful with your words, for once spoken, they can never be taken back."

Moral:

The young boy realized the error of his ways and promised to be more mindful of his words in the future. And from that day forward, he became known as a person of integrity and honesty.


No comments:

Post a Comment

The Magical Pen | Comedy Play | English Drama | Comedy English Play Script with Moral

  Title: The Magical Pen Characters: Tom, a young man Jack, Tom's best friend Linda, Jack's girlfriend Old man, a wise character Sce...